
Wayne's addresses through January of 2004. I don't have it on here but I did live in dormitories at St. Francis Xavier University in Antigonish, Nova Scotia from 1960-1964... in the summer of 1961, I spent six weeks of Basic Training in the RCAF in Centralia, Ontario (near London) and then went by train to Winnipeg where I began training as a Radio Officer... I made the best friends in the Air Force and have great memories of Winnipeg summers... unfortunately, my first winter there in 1964 was a different story... there's something about 60 below zero wind chill that isn't appealing to me. Every time you parked your car, you had to plug in a block heater... all parking lots were equipped with them and after parking your car for an hour or so, you'd have square tires. After graduating from St. FX in 1964, I got a Triumph Sports Car which I had brought in from England and I went to Moncton to pick it up... it was a graduation gift from my parents as they'd saved all my Family Allowance checks for my education and since the Air Force paid for it, they gave me the money when I graduated... at graduation, another student backed into it and smashed in the front end... I had it repaired at Harley's Body Shop in Woodstock but it was never the same and it wouldn't start in September in Winnipeg so I traded it in for a Pontiac which I totaled on the way to Ottawa where I was doing research at the National Research Council on the Hydrofoil the Navy was building. Also, while living in Toronto, I also had a summer home on Ward's Island at 1 Lenore Avenue and it was a wonderful place to spend the summers... accessible only by ferry and after the last ferry left at 11:30 pm, you felt like you owned the whole island! Lots of bicycling the length of the Island along the boardwalk SHOULD have made me thin but it didn't always... I've been thin and I've been fat and I've been thin and I've been fat and it appears that I'll remain fat.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home